Ghostlab 3 Release History
Use the in-app updater to get the latest version, or download at the Ghostlab website.
Release notes for 3.3.1 (October 12, 2019)
- Fixed a problem that sometimes prevented elements in the DOM tree to be shown in the inspector.
- Fixed an issue that prevented elements with the same IDs from being displayed correctly in the inspector’s DOM view.
- Fixed bugs related to displaying XHRs in the inspector.
Release notes for 3.3.0 (April 14, 2019)
- The delay between a file change and triggering the preprocessors, and between the reload in the browser is now configurable in the site settings.
- Options to export and delete all screenshots were added.
- Screenshot exports now include the creation timestamp in the filename to prevent duplicate file names.
- Support line comments in QuickFill codes.
- Automatically add a “referer” header to requests going through Ghostlab if they are not defined in the original request. This helps, e.g., to “authenticate” to typography services when taking a screenshot, resulting in correct display of fonts.
- Fixed a CSS rewriting problem causing the style sheets to break in certain cases.
- Fixed access to application variables like $, $$, $x, $0, …, $4 in the inspector, which become a different meaning if not defined by the app. I.e., you’ll be now able to access your jQuery instance, etc.
- Fixed the CSS parser used to display style information in the inspector so it can handle erroneous rules. Previously, styles after an error might be ignored, resulting in them not being displayed in the inspector.
Release notes for 3.2.0 (December 7, 2018)
- Added support for full-page screenshots.
- Take screenshots from all the connected browsers and devices at once.
- Added a new QuickFill to repeat the last QuickFill value (e.g., if you have to confirm an e-mail address, etc.).
- Added a better, spreadsheet-like editor for Round Robin Data. Now you can also deactivate individual entry if you don’t need them temporarily.
- Support for Shadow DOM (synchronization, inspection, screenshots).
- Added the new “Allow loading files over the file:// protocol” option to load content from your file system for debugging purposes.
- Export and import site settings: if you want to share your Ghostlab site settings with a co-worker, now you can! Click “Export site settings” at the bottom of the site settings tab. To add a new site based on these settings, click the “Import site settings” icon when you add a new site, or in the menu, click Sites & Import site settings.
- Added support for PFX HTTPS server certificate files.
- Added the possibility to specify a fully qualified domain name for the server and use it for connecting devices.
- Pasting a URL into the A/B testing URLs is now handled correctly to fill out the appropriate URL parts.
- Improved support for Polymer sites.
- Improved synchronization for React.js
- Extended the “disable cache for content with cookies” to include request cookies instead of just response cookies, improving the reliability of this setting.
- Fixed CSS styles not being applied when they were dynamically added through text nodes.
- Fixed a problem that caused pages using Styled Components not being rendered correctly.
- Fixed a problem when rewriting the “integrity” attribute.
- Fixed automatic port selection in the Ghostlab server.
- Fixed port handling in A/B testing (the port of the main site was used when no port was specified).
- Fixed Safari bouncing back to the previous page when navigating in Safari.
- Fixed a problem that caused the Ghostlab UI not to load in rare cases.
Release notes for 3.1.1 (March 9, 2018)
- In the HTTP request headers in the site settings you can now add arbitrary Authorization header values, in addition to the existing HTTP Basic (username/password) authorization.
- Added an additional Sass preprocessor based on the fast and native LibSass. If you’re using Sass with Ghostlab and don’t need compass, switch to this version in your Preprocessor settings to take advantage of the reduced compile times.
- Improved and fixed inspecting XHR requests. Now, several POST data formats (strings, FormData, URLSearchParams, Document, typed arrays and DataView) in request bodies can be inspected.
- Improved robustness of remote form filling.
- Added support for handling the CSS3
:notwith multiple arguments.
- Improved handling of HTTP 301-303 responses.
- Improved Ghostlab script injection robustness (e.g., for HTML pages generated by Optimizely).
- Fixed a bug that prevented preprocessors from working correctly on user accounts with names containing spaces (Windows only).
- Fixed a HTML rewriting bug that could cause Angular.js apps to break.
- Added a check for corrupt gzip data that caused the Ghostlab server to crash.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the inspector from being loaded when the 0.0.0.0 meta-address was used to run the Ghostlab server (Windows only).
- Fixed inspector support for IndexedDB.
Ghostlab Release 3.1.0 | 4.11.2017
- If you want to run Ghostlab on HTTPS, but don’t want to go through the hassle of creating a server certificate and key, Ghostlab can now generate a self-signed certificate for you on the fly.
- The remote form fill popup now shows the values filled in on the other clients.
- The file charset now also applies to preprocessors (if they support non-default charsets: currently Sass and HAML).
- If a site doesn’t have a favicon, the Ghostlab icon is now displayed as favicon in the browsers.
- Added support for QuickFills, FormFills and remote form filling for React.js (React requires special handling to synchronize events).
- Improved support for data URL resources in the inspector (images and CSS style sheets can now be viewed).
- Image resources used as background images and defined in inline styles in the HTML are now shown in the inspector’s source tree.
- Improved form URL rewriting for Angular.js
- Improved URL rewriting in attributes for React.js
- Fixed a memory corruption bug in the cache that caused resources to disappear from the source tree in the inspector.
- Fixed pseudo elements not being shown in the DOM inspector under certain circumstances.
- The Ghostlab server choked if cookies contain invalid (non-ASCII) characters. These characters are now silently discarded. If you have a better suggestion how to handle them, please let us know.
- The triple click to display the remote form filling popup didn’t work in Internet Explorer. Now fixed.
- Fixed some resizing issues in the Ghostlab GUI.
Ghostlab Release 3.0.5 | 20.06.2017
- You can now name any connected client. To do so, simply double-click on an entry in the client list and assign a name of your choosing. For the same browser, individual tabs can be named. Names assigned in this manner are valid for the duration of the session and not persisted across restarts of the browser / closing of the tab.
- For A/B test cases, you can now paste entire URLs into the test case list. They are automatically split into components.
- Improved robustness of DOM inspection
- Fixed a bug that lead to a timeout when node was not installed while starting a preprocessor (Mac only)
- Fixed bug that could lead to click events being propagated to other clients when touch-scrolling
- Fixed bug relating to query paramter test cases
- Fixed bug relating to the cache
Ghostlab Release 3.0.4 | 06.06.2017
This is the first public release of Ghostlab 3. Among other things, Ghostlab 3 introduces Screenshots, A/B Testing, Remote Form Filling. To read more on what’s new in Ghostlab 3, please refer to our release blog post.